Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Press Time


'Watches' 2011. Silkscreen on paper. 24"x30"

This is the image I sent off as my "signature piece" to be printed in the catalog for my BFA show. Heaps and heaps of work left to do, but I'm so excited to show my own collection in May. Here's a sneak peek at my thought process...

Landscape comprises the visible features of an area of land, including the physical elements of landforms, water bodies, and living elements of land cover including vegetation. Time creates the landscape, the bodies that surround and support us. These forms invite us to transcend our base functions by scaling mountains and visiting space to experience high places and feel small, diving and spelunking to understand the low and strange. We are spiritual because of the landscape. By dissecting the landscape into its vital parts, I reassemble the spaces that drive us within and beyond ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. hi! i really love your prints, and i love the forest...good combo.
    hope your show goes well - it's a great feeling! i'll keep an eye on your pretty posts! x

    ReplyDelete